20 February 2016

A little progress

I'm making a trip to powder coating tomorrow morning with three bins of parts...this will cover the tie rods (not ends) and a couple of other parts relative to the front end assembly.  I found NOS German tie rods so those should be inbound shortly.  No news on rear shocks yet though...fronts seem easy to find but rears are a bit harder to find.  I have all of the rear brake parts minus the drums so I'll probably just get some repop rear drums to keep things moving forward.

I'm down to needing front brakes, wheels and tires...I'm debating dropping off the wheels tomorrow but I think I'll save it for the next trip.

During the down time while I wait for the stuff to come back from RediStrip - I think I'm going to work on getting the engine back together...I sort of stripped a few parts off of it.  The exhaust is still up in the air but I think Vintage Speed will come through before it's a concern.  If not, I've got that $50 eBay muffler to use for a while.

I recently received a box of parts from T3HQ with a factory exchange fuel pump, spindle bolts, door bolts, protection plates for the heater boxes and a few other random parts.

From another source, I received  a NOS set of ball joints, NOS preheat hose clips, NOS wiper arms and NOS wiper blades, 5 sets of NOS points for the ZV/JCU 4R3 distributor and a NOS distributor cap.

Right now it just seems like I'm spending money but I'm hoping to change that into 'making progress' in a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment