17 June 2016

"If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one."

A small amount of progress:  I finally got into contact with the body shop about the work that was done and they've agreed to take the pan back and make the necessary corrections.  The manager said he didn't really supervise the result because the job seemed to be pretty simple.  I didn't go over it with a fine toothed comb, so to speak, for the exact same reason.

Sometime in the next week or two, I need to figure out how to get it back to the body shop...could be tricky given that I'm out of days off and after a doctor's visit today, was told to ease up on the heavy lifting.  I'll figure something out...

Last weekend I went to OCTO on Saturday and the El Prado Show N Shine in California during a week long visit.  I was able to get together with some old Type 3 friends and swap stories and experiences.  I didn't buy any parts.  It's the first year I've come home without parts in hand from a swap space.  There just didn't seem to be anything of interest for sale - same tired old broken overpriced shit that's online...and seeing it in person didn't make things any better.

One thing I did take notice of was the BFGoodrich tires on Pedro Sainz's super nice Type 34 - expensive tires but they really look nice.  I'm considering those for my 64 - moving the Vredstein's to Ferris once the wheels are powder coated.

I've all but stopped buying parts - finished acquiring the parts I'd asked to be held in foreign lands and all but one order has arrived, weeks ago.  Some of my obvious duplicates are headed to new owners.

The 'simple' goal of getting the pan up on tires by the end of the Summer is starting to look like a long shot - I don't have enough time during the week to accomplish the 'normal' tasks, let alone dedicate several additional hours to the assembly of a car.  It's the 'life happening' while I'm making plans to accomplish the task.

Nigel is still in the garage - no time to fine tune or drive him around.

I've got to figure out how to get more fun out of this hobby - project stasis is starting to bum me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment