15 April 2016

Productivity hit peak output today

Got out of the house at 6:30am and picked up a rental van from Home Depot.  The first stop today was at RediStrip to pick up the stuff Craig and I dropped off a few months ago.

This photo pretty much only covers the contents of the three paint cans I stuffed full of parts.  A lot of this stuff I'd completely forgotten that I still had it.  The floor pan for Ferris, the rear subframe and the torsion arms didn't get photographed but they look as clean as these parts.  They're at a local body shop - to be painted with Rust Seal next weekend.  So it looks like the pan will start to come together in a few weeks.  I'm ready to start getting these parts collected in one place.

Whatever they do at RediStrip, it's fucking amazing.  Everything I dropped off came back super clean, rust free and ready to be either painted or zinc plated.  Parts I added at the last minute - just to see how they'd turn out - came back in better condition than I thought possible.
 I sent off three fan shrouds - all three of them looked like shit.  They're now super clean and ready for a little repair and installation.

The rear engine tin piece was going to go into the scrap bin but it looks good enough to sell.
 This is the front beam that was full of sand, dirty and had grease, paint and all kinds of other shit inside of it.  The whole thing is super clean.  Since I've abandoned my plan of building a scratch built beam with the synthetic plastic bushings (a $400 mistake), I don't really need this beam.  I may put it up for sale if I don't decide to build it up.  I'm on the fence about it right now.
 I've never seen a cleaner front beam.  Ever.  My NOS beam looks like crap next to this one.
 Hood latch that I was thinking about scrapping because it looked like shit now looks better than the NOS piece I'd planned to use.
Part number on the back is super clean and easy to read.  All of the parts came back in amazing condition.

I took a bunch of pictures of the parts - Craig stood back and probably wondered about my sanity silently to himself.  I can't believe how clean all of these parts are...

No comments:

Post a Comment