03 April 2016

You don't ever wanna step off that roller coaster and be all alone

I got a call on Thursday that the pan (and the pile of parts) is ready to be picked up from RediStrip.  I have not yet figured out when I'm going to go get it but it'll be soon.  I want to line up a paint shop to paint it so I can go get it and drop it off at the paint shop.  I figure it'll be another week or two at the paint shop - then it will come back and I can start the process of actually putting the car together.  I've debated using Rust Seal and doing it myself...but it's not quite warm enough yet.  Actually, the real reason is that I have the painting skills of a 6 year old and I'm pretty sure I can screw up anything that has to do with paint, no matter how simple it's designed to be.

I haven't yet received the CSP front brake kit but I imagine it'll arrive in time for me to keep assembly going on the car...it'll be shipped at the same time as a whole other slew of parts that should keep me busy for quite a while.  I'm also waiting to see if an inquiry for a clean set of heat exchangers and muffler is going to happen...the Vintage Speed exhaust is going to take a while and I'd like to start the engine in my garage on the stand...make sure it's tuned and such.

There is a small box of parts coming in this week from Germany - all stuff for the two cars - nothing for sale.  I've decided to focus on getting this car done ASAP so that I can get parts off of the shelves and on a car vs. collecting and squirreling parts, then selling some later.  I am getting a NOS turn signal lever for the ignition column I bought last month.  That means that I can take it apart, clean it and strip the paint - getting ready for a rebuild.  If that all goes well, I'll get another key made and stick it in Ferris when the time comes.  It would be nice if both cars had the same ignition column (Koln). 

The goal is to get this car up on tires this year...I am going to try my ass off to make that happen.

Background Tune: "I Took A Pill In Ibiza" by Mike Posner


No comments:

Post a Comment