08 January 2016

The good, the bad, the ugly


The Good:  The broken seat back is now fixed.

The Bad:  The janky seat brace for the pan is still in the car - it would cost around $300 to swap it out because of the spot welds and thin metal.  I opted to clean it up a bit and move on.  I'm not about to dump more money into this process if there's not a significant reason to do so and 'cosmetics' don't fall into that category.

The Ugly: Given the location of the flange on the muffler and the angle between the two pieces, the muffler is, essentially, a boat anchor.  The angle of the flange can be changed.  The angle of the adapter piece can be changed.  The physical location of the tube on the exhaust cannot be changed without significant work (where the cost comes in).

I'm going to contact Vintage Speed and see what the options are at this point.  If the next option is to spend another $500, I'm out.  I'll cut my losses (again) and stick with stock.  It will also prevent me from going off the rails again in the future - money spent on stock parts is always well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment