25 May 2015

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time.

I wish completing a car was as simple as a Voltaire quote implies.

The hard truth is that with all of the other things going on in life - and being at the figurative mercy of a body guy who's doing me a solid in providing his services when business is slow, I'm borne of necessity to wait.  Steve's been busy so nothing has happened on the body work front for quite some time.  I'm slowly, very slowly, collecting parts but not much else.

The pan is going to need some attention before I start bolting things to it and the front beam I planned to use isn't going to work out.  I've got plenty to do while I wait for the body work...I just need to find the time to make it happen.  I feel like the Henry Bemis of car restoration.

Spending time with my son is paramount and the house is begging for attention so this project will wait for the right time, not simply an amount of time, and there's no telling when that will be right now.

It'll happen, it's just a matter of 'when'...so for now, this page will, again, return to silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment