19 March 2014

"Where the river takes me in time will be revealed"

I'm digging through my ever-growing parts stash and have committed myself to the concept of selling off a healthy chunk of the parts that I either don't specifically need or simply have in ridiculous quantity.

I've posted a few things up for sale so far, with many more to go, and stopped to take this photo as a form of motivation.  The three gauges will be in the dash of my car (they're not going to be sold) and I decided that I wanted to line them up and see how they look together.  The trim rings are all slightly different colors so I'll probably paint them to match.  I don't see enough of a difference to warrant taking them apart to paint the centers, however, so that won't be done.

There are a few parts that I hesitated to post up for sale last night, so they're sitting on the floor of the office-much to the dismay of my wife, who has patiently navigated the piles on the floor to get to her desk.  The more rare parts are being offered to existing contacts who are already in the process of a solid restoration.

I will be in a running, driving car this year...it's my ambitious goal for 2014.

Post title taken from "Arena" by VNV Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment