02 August 2013

"...the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round..."

Reproduced bumper brackets from Mika.  Very nice parts - probably better quality than VW's original part.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1435385

I'm now digging around for an alternator/generator solution.  I contacted a guy in California about a higher amperage generator and the cost is nearly $1k for the generator/regulator.  I'm not ready to shell out that kind of dough for now.

The engine is done-it's being tweaked for timing, etc.  I should be a lot more excited about the completion of the engine than I really am...I'm not.  It's just a check mark on a very long list at this point.  When I get it back, I'll have the exhaust ceramic coated and installed (after I find another heater box).  I'll fire up the motor once in a while to keep it 'fresh' but I'm guessing it's going to be a while before it's installed in an actual body/frame at the rate of the rebuild.

I also received the NOS front beam but I haven't unwrapped it-just took it out of the box and set it on the table.  I've now got three front beams for one car...none of which are complete/assembled.

I'm hoping to find my motivation soon...this year has largely been a bust in regard to progress on the car but I still have some time to turn that around.

No comments:

Post a Comment