12 April 2013

::the applause monkey awaits::

 A box of NOS parts that I bought over a month ago finally showed up today.  I was starting to think that I'd probably lost out on the transaction because of the time that had elapsed.

The door striker and the engine lid lock are spares.  I'm hoping that the turn signal arm will be compatible with my NOS column so I can swap out the one it currently has-the paint is chipped at the edges.  This one is in perfect condition-I've never seen a cleaner specimen.
I wound up trading a NOS T1 oddball distributor and the distributor out of my 1500S (aluminum body) + cash for this rebuilt one year only dual advance distributor.  It's technically only for the 64 1500 S motor but I've been told that it's far superior to the version that replaced it.  I'm trading some early NOS brake drums (pinwheels) for another one.  I'm hoping to secure shocks pretty soon as well.

Not much else is going on with the car-just waiting for the 20th, when both cars move SouthWest for what I hope to be the final stop on the trek for completed bodywork, and hopefully paint, before I get to put the final car back together.

The goal is to make it to the 2014 Type 3 Invasion in New York with a completed car.

I'll be the first to admit:  With where I am now, that's very ambitious.

It's a quiet Spring so far...usually, there's a bustle of activity where buyers and sellers are trying to get what they want in preparation for the busy season but I'm not really seeing that right now.

Most of my focus right now is on our house-the projects are starting back up and I'm hoping to knock most of them out in the next two months.  That will allow me to spend more time outdoors, on my mountain bike or working on getting the car back together.

For now, it's just time being invested...

No comments:

Post a Comment