23 March 2013

All progress is experimental

I haven't done much with the car in the past week.  Part of it out of frustration and part of it due to the increased level of other activities.  It's easy to put this on the back burner because I'm already frustrated.

I organized some parts, put up more ads, finalized some pending sales and started putting little things together.

This is the fuse block out of the red car.  Most of this was completely black and I didn't expect much when I cleaned it.
I hosed it down with brass cleaner and scrubbed with an old toothbrush for about ten minutes.  I had two rounds with it before reaching this result.  I have to say: I'm surprised that it turned out this well.

I also sent the pedal assembly off for rebuild to PedalWerks.  I'm not sure how far into this project I'm willing to go but I'll keep it moving at a snail's pace-for the sake of accomplishing something.

The white car will be coming back next Friday.  With both bodies in one place, I'll be able to make a solid assessment about the future of the project.  I'm hoping to be able to figure out what to save and what to lose on the red body in an effort to finish Ferris.

Background Tune: "Moon" by Sia

No comments:

Post a Comment